REFORM INITIATIVES FOOD DEPARTMENT KKHYBER KHTUNKHWA PERIOD: 2023-24
Name of initiative
Enhancement of Registration fee of carriage contractors, Annual Renewal fee of Food Grain License for dealers and Flour mills and security/ bank guarantee in order to safeguard the Government interest.
Kind of Tax/Fee. Fine
Existing Rate (Rs)
Renewal of Registration of A-class contractor
Renewal of Registration of B-class contractor
Renewal of Registration of C-class contractor
Food Grain License fee/ Renewal fee (FG Dealers)
Food Grain License fee/ Renewal fee (Flour mills)
Vide No. SOF/7-8A/2020/Vol.1/1971 Dated 16.07.2021
Land acquisition for construction of Food Grain storages in Merged Areas.
The ADP scheme “200038-Acquisition of land for Food Grain Storages in the Merged Districts” has been approved at a cost of Rs. 469.500 million to purchase land in the 07 Merged districts for construction of food grain godowns, as no reserve centers existed in these districts. Detail are as below;
Land Required (in Kanal)
1. Availability of land for establishment and maintenance of the Provincial Reserve Centers in the 07 merged districts in order to ensure availability and sustainability of wheat enhanced food security.
2. Quick and efficient response/relief during natural disasters in the shape of maintaining sufficient wheat stock as strategic reserve.
3. Enabling these 07 districts to have 65000 MT capacities for storage of food grains (wheat).
Rehabilitation and Enhancement of storage capacity
Currently the following 08 schemes are underway under ADP 2023-24 at accumulative cost of Rs. 5620.056 million in order to construct Food Grain Godowns in Settled Areas (KP) as well as Merged Areas (AIP) for the purpose to enhance the existing storage capacity of wheat .i.e. 417000 MT of the province to storage capacity of 495000 MT. The break up is given below:
1. 160502-Special Repair of Food Grain Godowns in various Districts of KPK
2. 170606-Construction of Food Grain Godowns of 3000 ton capacity in District Tank
3. 170616-Construction of Food Grain Godowns of 3000 ton capacity in District Shangla
4. 170617-Construction of Food Grain Godowns of 2000 ton capacity in District Kohistan
5. 200039- Construction of Food Grain Godowns in the Merged Districts
6. 220171- Construction of Food Grain Godowns in Charsadda, Swat, Battagram, Mardan & Swabi
7. 220172- Retrofitting of NRC Godowns Azakhel District Nowshera
Existing Storage Capacity (MMT)
Under Construction Storage Capacity (MMT)
Total Storage capacity (MMT)
1. Availability/accessibility and sustainability of Wheat enhanced food security.
2.Quick and efficient response/relief during natural disasters in the shape of maintaining sufficient wheat stock as strategic reserve.
3. Major repair works in the existing Food Grain Godowns to bring it to in working conditions and safeguard the wheat stock and be able in a position to maintain sufficient wheat stock for provision to the local flour mills, and ensure availability of wheat flour easily and at reasonable price to the local population.
Digitalization of existing system in Food Department
The ADP scheme “Provision of ICT Based Interventions in Food Department” has been mandated for introduction/provision of ICT based interventions at a cost of Rs. 99.269 million.
1.Monitor and overview every stage of food supply procurement (Wheat), transportation, grinding and supply to dealers to ultimate user through a dedicated dashboard in just one click.
2. Prevention of hoarding and smuggling.